Marking Period 5 - February 16th - April 10th
Marking Period 6 - April 13th - June 5th ( End of the 3 Weeks marking period is May 1st)
STAAR Testing Information
Due to STAAR testing, the campus will be closed to outside visitors. Please help us create the best testing environment possible for all children as we temporarily “close” the campus to outside visitors during these days. Please do not make plans to eat lunch with a student or visit with a teacher on these days.
· Please make every effort to have your student to school on time so we
may start our testing window promptly at 8:20.
· Please refrain from taking your student out of school while they are taking
their STAAR test.
· Students should leave their cell phones, tablets, and electronic devices at
home and bring a book to read after they have completed the test. Also
please, no phone calls or text to your student during testing days.
· Students need to get a good night's sleep the night prior to testing and eat
a healthy breakfast.
Thank you for your understanding!
STARR Testing Schedule
March 30- 7th Grade Day 1 Writing
March 31st- 7th grade day 1 writing and 8th grade reading
April 20th- 8th grade Math
April 21st- 6th and 7th grade math and 8th grade Social Studies
April 22nd- 6th and 7th grade Reading and 8th grade Science
April 23 - Make up date
May 4-7th - Algebra 1
Hopewell Spirit Night May 15, 2015
See Latest News section for details
Parent Climate Survey now open
It's time for our annual Parent Climate Survey. This is your opportunity to tell us how things are going at your child's school. This year we have new items about technology use in the classroom and the format is mobile device-friendly. Your input is important, so please participate!
What is the Student Climate Survey? Why is it important?
● It’s the primary way that we get information from students across the district about
what they like about their schools and the things that could be better.
● The results are returned to each principal and are posted the district website.
● The results are used as part of the campus improvement planning (CIP) process.
● We use some of the students’ responses as House Bill 5 Community and Student
NO HOMEWORK NIGHTS 2014-2015
Below are the five Wednesday NO-HOMEWORK NIGHTS this school year at Hopewell MS. Students will not be given homework or have a test/quiz to study for the next school day on these nights. We want our students and families to have some homework free nights to engage in meaningful family time plus give the students a break.
Wednesday NO HOMEWORK NIGHTS 2014-2015 (*Revised Dates*)
Friday, January 16th
Wednesday, February 18th
Wednesday, March 11th
Wednesday, May 6th