Learning from the past...
Preparing for the future
- Returning students for 2016-2017 school year – August 15-26, 2016
- New students registration for 2016-2017 school year
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, AUGUST 15th for ALL returning Hopewell 6th – 8th graders. ALL 6th – 8th-grade students will be required to register for school online via the RRISD website.
Go to: https://roundrockisd.org/ enroll/ and click on Returning Students. Make sure that you completely fill out the forms and submit them online prior to the first day of school on Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016.
2. New Student Registration: All new students to Hopewell MS will be able to set up an appointment to register their child beginning the week of Tuesday, August 2ndfrom 9AM to 11AM then from 1PM-3PM through Thursday, August 4th. You will need to bring to your registration meeting with the counselor a proof of residency (utility statement, copy of lease or mortgage contract), immunization records, birth certificate, social security number, and withdrawal form from child’s previous school/or report card stating promoted grade. We are so glad to have your child with us next school year!
Hello Hornet – Monday, August 22, 2016
6th Grade WEB Orientation: 8AM -Noon
Schedule Pick Up
6th Grade: Noon-2PM
8th Grade: 2PM-4PM
Wednesday, August 17 Locker/Football Equipment Hand out
7th Grade 1:00-4:00pm 8th Grade 8:30-11:30am
As we begin to think about the upcoming school year here is some information that we hope you will find helpful!
All boys registered or planning to be in athletics are required to have an up to date physical for the new school year. Physical and participation forms must be completed and turned in prior to collecting equipment, participating in athletics or trying out for any sport. The athletic forms can be found on the Hopewell website. Please print the physical form from the link provided and make sure you have completed all other forms online (e-sign). We are no longer able to accept paper copies of paperwork that is available to be signed online.
Football practice will begin the first day of school! 8th Grade 6:45am / 7th Grade 3:45-5:00pm
Wednesday August 17 Locker/Football Equipment Hand out
7th Grade 1:00-4:00pm 8th Grade 8:30-11:30am
If you cannot arrange to arrive during noted times, please contact us to set up a different time. We would like for everyone to have a locker and athletic uniform prior to school starting. During this time the following will take place:
- Issued a locker ( You must bring your own combination lock), Helmet & Shoulder Pads
- Athletic uniforms will be required to be worn daily (you can purchase more than one) Uniform will cost $25
- Bring ALL completed physical paperwork: The following forms must be completed and e-signed (Participation form, Medical History, Physical Exam, Steroid testing, UIL rules, Concussion Acknowledgment ) before issued equipment
- Opportunity to pre-order Game Day Shirts
Make Checks out to Hopewell Middle School and include your phone number and DL #
***We cannot accept Credit Cards***
Other dates to put on your calendar …………
Tuesday Aug. 23rd – 1st day of school
Tuesday AUG 30TH @ 5:30pm– Mandatory parent meeting in gym.
Agenda- We will cover all aspects of our athletic program and answer any questions you may have. We will also have someone here to speak about Game Day Meals.
If you cannot make it to Equipment Handout on August 21st, you must get equipment Monday, August 25!
We look forward to another great year serving the young men that make up our Hornet teams. It is a pleasure to work with young men who pursue greatness! Please help our coaching staff in reaching all the young men in our program, while we strive for excellence on and off the field. Being a student athlete is a special privilege. Let’s make this an extra special year by giving the extra effort for these deserving young men.
If you have not done so already please begin to acclimate your body to working out and to the temperatures outside. Drink plenty of water; your body will thank you! This is key to staying hydrated before you go outside. Be sure to intake all proper portions of nutrition so you can perform at max levels when necessary. Last but not least get plenty of rest. 6:45 will be here before you know it 8th graders. J
The 8th graders have some unfinished business and the 7th graders have some big shoes to fill but are no doubt capable and ready for the challenge.
Be ready young men.
Hopewell MS will have our Two Open Houses next fall on the following dates:
Thursday, September 1st: 7th/8th Grades 6:00-8:00PM
Tuesday, September 6th: 6th Grade 6:00-8:00PM
See you there next fall!
Purpose of the Hopewell Middle School Honor Code:
Academic honesty and integrity are basic fundamental attributes to the Hopewell Hornet learning community. ALL students are expected to be honest and display a high standard of integrity in the preparation and presentation of their work in all classes. The student who cheats is harmed because he or she is not learning the material or is not practicing the required skills in order to gain a deep understanding of it. Other students are harmed when those who cheat gain an unfair grade advantage in the course. The integrity of Hopewell Middle School erodes when the climate of trust and mutual respect is undermined by academic dishonesty. Our American society as a whole pays the price when short cuts are taken and become the accepted norm. That is not the Hopewell Hornet or RRISD way.
<< swipe for more articles >>
RRISD begins 2016-2017 school year
41 teachers complete RRISD, Round Rock Chamber externship program
August 18, 2016 Board Briefs: High School #6, Dragon Stadium Upgrades, and Strategic Plan
Round Rock ISD Varsity Football Season Tickets On Sale Now
Board approves contractor for High School #6, planned for Pearson Ranch
RRISD names Kuwamura new Callison principal
Joe Lee Johnson Elementary to host Ribbon Cutting, Dedication Ceremony
RRISD to provide free breakfast during first week of school
Virtual Kickoff begins RRISD ‘Year of Opportunities’
RRISD launches Peachjar online flyer distribution
Over 7,000 Students Served at School Supplies Sunday
PIEF Awards Nearly $100,000 in Excellence in Education Grants
Round Rock ISD PTA Receives Annual Report Card
RRISD, all District campuses earn TEA 'Met Standard' designation
Kindergarten registration open for 5 year old students
RRISD Online Registration Now Open
Leadership Round Rock ISD registration now open for 2016–2017
RRISD begins adjusted school day Aug. 23
Revathi finds enrichment during summer adventures
RRISD Board President Tisch earns 'Master Trustee' designation